Lavender plants are a must to have in your garden. Its miraculous properties for humans are well known to the world and probably that is why the Essential Oil derived from this lavender plant is so popular in today’s world. But do you know that like humans this beautiful purple plant is full of amazing benefits for your pets??? YES !!! Lavender essential oil is great when it comes to treating your cats and dogs with it. Some of the common benefits of this essential oils to your pets are as follows:
- Reduce inflammation in both joints and wounds
- Provide relief for itchy or irritated skin
- Be used as a wound wash to take the sting out of bites and burns
- Create a feeling of calm when ingested orally OR when used in aromatherapy
- Ward off fleas, ticks, mosquitos, and other pesky bugs
- Fight germs and promote healing
Talking specifically about Lavender essential oil for dogs is great and serves the following goodness to your pooch:
- It can soothe your dog’s irritated or itchy skin
- This oil is to help relax or relieve stress.
- If your dog has an issue with fleas and ticks, or if pesky mosquitoes swarm on your next trek out of the house, applying some diluted oil to your dog’s coat could help reduce the chance of bites.
- It can fight off bacteria and fungus that could ultimately harm your dog.
Talking about cats, the use of essential oil is pretty sensitive. The dosage that should be given to cats should be taken in a very serious condition. A little high doses of lavender essential oils can be fatal to your cat. Use Lavender essential oil for Cats only in diffusers and closely watch their reactions to that.
Sometime when the essential oil is given too much to your pets or their exposure is pretty much high than actually what it should be then, It is advised to take the note of the following reactions:
- Excessive Drooling
- Gastrointestinal symptoms, such as vomiting or diarrhea
- Refusing to Eat
- Neurological symptoms, such as staggering or shaking
- Decreased respiratory rate, asthma, or aspiration pneumonia
- Changes to heart rate
- Liver failure
Following are the ways in which it is best suited for your pets when it comes to their exposure to essential oils:
- Synthetic air fresheners, plug-ins, and scented candles
- Floor and carpet cleaners which contain harsh chemicals or synthetic fragrances
- Laundry detergent with artificial fragrances and chemicals
- Scented fabric softeners and dryer sheets
Use Eco Aurous’ Lavender essential oil which is 100% pure and extracted in the most natural ways. So enjoy the limited dose of this miraculous essential oil and see happy wagging tails.