Essential Oil for Cats
Cats have a very acute sense of smell as they have twice as many receptors. Hence they are quite susceptible to the effects of essential oils. Because felines lack the enzymes that enable the liver to metabolize many essential oils and eliminate toxins, pet parents should avoid using oral, topical, and other inhaled oils around cats. Here we are enlisting some essential oils which can be used in very diluted manner to your cats:
- Chamomile oil: It can be used for Skin, Digestive System, Cardiovascular System, Nervous System, Muscles and Bones, Emotional Balance
- Clary Sage Essential Oil: This helps boost the Endocrine System
- Frankincense Essential Oil: This can be used for Immune System, Nervous System, Skin, Emotional Balance.
- Jasmine oil: This can be used for calming the central nervous system.
- Lavender oil: This can be used for Skin, Nervous System, Cardiovascular System, Emotional Balance.
- Rose oil: This helps them to relieve their stress and calms their nerves and brain.
- It is the first and foremost step to seek advice from your Veterinary expert.
- It is mandatory to receive supplementary advice from a certified recognized and reputable expert, such as an Animal Aromatherapist.
- Not at any cost allow your pet to consume essential oils. Sometimes it may cause fatal results to pets.
- Never ever use essential oil in concentrated forms. Always dilute the dose as per expert advice.
- When giving the essential oils to your pets, always keep close watch over them to ensure they are not reactive negatively to them.
Use these essential oils with proper guidance to give the best of these to your dogs. Do not use them directly topically on their skin and hair. Dilute them with water or other carrier oils. In case of any reactions visit a Veterinary doctor as soon as possible.