Sore Throat Infection is understood by pain, irritation, swollen glands, muffled voice and scratchiness of the throat that doesn’t allow one to swallow anything and it sometimes causes Fever, Cough, Running nose, Sneezing, Headache, Nausea and even Body ache. Mostly the reason behind this problem is bacterial infection or virus infection.
There are few Essential Oils which may lead to relief to sore throat and can treat them and heal them in no time. Few of such Essential Oils are listed here for your reference:
- Thyme’s powerful antibacterial properties that fight against common strains of bacteria helps prevent coughing and thus give relief in such condition.
- Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties which helps in treating pain and irritation in throat.
- Tea Tree Oil can anytime be used as an antiseptic against gum infection which may leads to painful throat.
- A blend of Cinnamon, wild carrot, and eucalyptus and rosemary Essential oils has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which makes it a perfect solution for treating cold, cough and flue which ultimately eases throat.
- With strong antibacterial effects against the bacteria that cause listeria, Lemon Oil is amongst the best oils to treat the infected throat.
- Inhaling Peppermint oil also gives relief to swollen throat because of its antibiotic properties.
- Ginger oil is best known for its soothing effect in common cold.
- Rich in antiviral and antifungal properties, Garlic oil is helpful in treating Sore throat.
- Oregano Oil fights with cough and cold, alleviates inflammation and give relief in infected throat.
Remedies and Cures at Home to treat Sore throat:
- The prime and most cost effective remedy to treat infected throat at home is Gargling. Mix a tablespoon of salt into warm water. Gargle your throat thoroughly and repeat it at least 8-10 times. Spit it out every time and try not to consume it.
- Warm Peppermint tea with honey in it works miraculously on infected throat.
- Relief can be obtained by steam inhalation. Add 7 drops of any above mentioned oil and mix it up with 2 cups of boiling water. Cover your head with towel and inhale the steam. Keep your eyes closed to avoid any irritation.
- One can directly inhale these oils through a cotton ball for instant relief.
- Add few drops to room diffuser and see the magic around you.
- Add these oils with any carrier oil and gently massage on your neck (throat).
- Often used for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and astringent properties, Chamomile tea is a great solution for such infection. It also stimulates body’s immune system.
- Gargling baking soda mixed with salt water can help relieve a sore throat as well.
- Marshmallow root contains a mucus-like substance that coats and soothes a sore throat.
- With its effective antifungal properties, Fenugreek can relieve pain and kill bacteria that cause irritation or inflammation.
These all are general home remedies that should be taken under Doctor’s guidance to avoid any kind of risks. Stay away from people with cold and if you are the one suffering with cold, PUT YOUR MASK ON!!