Essential Oil for Dogs
Dogs are the animals that are highly sensitive and reactive to smells. Getting popular amongst the humans, certain essential oils do cater to the health and wellness of Dogs. For topical application, some people start with a very small amount of oil applied to the back of the dog's neck. Other methods of application include oil petting and oil spritzing. Always consult a vet before applying of using essential oils in any way as not all essential oils can help your dogs. Here are some oils enlisted below which can help your fur baby in certain conditions.
- Blend of Spruce, Blue Tansy, Frankincense & Rosewood can help with helps with fear, behavior, and training. It can also aid in the healing of skin masses, itching, allergies, and infections.
- Blend of Tangerine, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansy, Orange & Patchouli Oil can be used for fear, anxiety, behavior issues, car rides, and excitement.
- Peppermint oil can help relieve the dogs in situation of overheat.
- Citronella Oil is great for repelling insect, bugs, ticks and flea.
- Lavender Oil creates a sense of peace and harmony and offering a calming effect for dogs.
- Chamomile oil can ease their stress and also settle an upset tummy.
- Orange oil is energizing, helps with skin irritations and is effective for deodorizing dog odors and repelling fleas. It cleanses and detoxifies skin of dogs and also nourishes and soothes dryness and irritation.
- It is the first and foremost step to seek advice from your Veterinary expert.
- It is must to receive supplementary advice from a certified recognized and reputable expert, such as an Animal Aromatherapist.
- Not at any cost allow your pet to consume essential oils. Sometimes it may cause fatal results to pets.
- Never ever use essential oil in concentrated forms. Always dilute the dose as per expert advice.
- When given the essential oils to your pets, always keep close watch over them to ensure they are not reactive negatively to them.
Use these essential oils with proper guidance to give the best of these to your dogs. Do not use them directly topically on their skin and hair. Dilute them with water or other carrier oils. In case of any reactions visit Veterinary doctor as soon as possible.